One of the scores for you ranking in search engines is based on how many backlinks you have. Backlinks or inbound links or whatever the name is, is counted to measure your popularity. The more people link to your website, the more popular your website is.
Here are some ways to get backlinks to your website. Not being sorted in any particular order
- Send your website URL to any relevant directory. For example, if you have a property website, submit your link to any property listing/directory available
- Ask your friends that have websites/blogs to add your website URL. If they don’t want, offer a link exchange. If they still don’t want, just forget about it. Heheh
- Post comment to relevant blog. For example, again, if you have a property website, go to a property blog, find an interesting post and leave a good comment there. Enter your URL in the URL field provided in comment form
- If you have facebook, linkedin, twitter, youtube, instagram and other social media accounts, add the url there. Don’t just leave it blank.
- Be a guest writer where you can have your profile and website added to the bottom or top of the article
- Add some of your great posts or pages to social bookmark sites like digg or softaculous etc.
- Spy on your competitors. Where do they get their backlinks from and go get yours. You can use any backlinks tools like backlinkwatch.com
- Write HIGH QUALITY post on your blog and ask a favor for readers to share the articles with their friends or on social media