Focus is important. To focus is to do only one single task at a given time. But this is very hard to do.
Follow the following steps
1. Remove all distractions – silent and put away the smart phones, disable all notifications (email, messenger etc), stay away from people who love to disturb you etc
2. start small – start with 10 minutes focus time to do one small task and let youurself drawn into the task further without you know. split tough and huge tasks to smaller ones to achieve. Most important is to have PROGRESS
3. take a meaningful break. Focus is tiring. So take a solid and meaningful 10 minutes break everytime you complete a tough task. For example, drink water, stretching, have a meaningful and necessary discussions with colleague, check emails/messenger etc
3P – Plan. Prioritize. Perform
Time wasters – recognize them and develop strategies to deal with them
- perfectionism – focus first on doing right things, before doing all things right
- multitasking- use time block to focus on one thing at a time
- confusing activities with accomplishment
- apply 80/20 rules to prioritize and get important things done fast
- break to smaller achievable tasks
- take the first step. just do it
- looking for things
- too much time spend for management
Showing up the notification icons on android status bar is very helpful for you to manage the pending items. e.g. unread messages etc.
So you don’t have to swipe down everytime to see whether there are any new messages, emails etc.
To set (this settings is based on Android version 6 marshmallow)
- Go to Settings
- Choose “Notifications & status bar”
- Enable “Show notification icons”