In an organization, there are information that are important enough to be documented. As a reference for all the members in the future.
I’ve tried several wiki applications and most of them are not friendly enough. So I decided to move to wordpress as a wiki alternative. To sort content by “category”, to have “page” as static information and “post” for other findings and on-going updates.
With the search function, it is very helpful to find any information within the ‘wiki’.
- create a page and set template for the page follow “Wiki Template”
- then set the page created as “static page” in Appearance > Customize
- manage user access – user access manager
- file upload
- file view (esp attachment like image and pdf)
- disable comment features
- Settings > Discussion > Untick “Allow comments on new articles”
- set permalink
- Settings > Permalinks > Choose “Post Name”