- Windows+S – open search box (for Windows 10)
- Windows+E – open Windows explorer
- Windows +R – open Run box – then can run command, control panel etc
- Windows+I – open Settings
- Windows+Pause/Break – show System Information (windows ver, system hardware, computer name etc)
- Ctrl+Shift+Esc – open Task Manager
Some tips to speed up Windows operating system
- check which program use the most resources (especially memory) and remove or disable if possible
- disable some unused startup programs
- remove unused programs in the PC
- remove unused plugins or extensions in web browser
- defragment hard disk
- reinstall windows (please backup all important files – e.g. on my document, desktop, emails). With Windows 8 onwards, you have option to “reset” the PC
- upgrade RAM (memory). limit for 32-bit OS is 4GB only
- use SSD (solid state drive)
Register an account with company address
Familiarize with the navigation
- folder list “my drive”, “shared with me”
- file list by icon or list
- search files
- creating new documents
- type of documents supported – e.g. google docs, google sheets
- create new document
- change title
- share docs – enter email and set either can edit, comment or view only
- basic formatting
- create new
- freeze rows
- basic formula – add
- notification rules
- File > See revision history
- Format > Conditional formatting
- File > Print
Now looking for a CMMS sometimes called Enterprise Asset Management (EAM). Below are the list found. Don’t have time to review all of them. Sort by my personal preference.
- MaintenanceAssistant – mobile app avail. top search on play store. starts at usd19/user/month, pricing, free version
- HyppoCMMS – mobile app avail. free trial
- UpKeep – comes with free edition. mobile app avail
- Engica – look like preferred by big co.
- MaintenanceConnection – seems like an enterprise solution
- Yardi – mobile app avail. no pricing on web.
- BigFoot – mobile app avail.
- FMWorks – mobile app avail.
- FMX – pricing calc on site
- Comma – free version with ad supported avail.
Other CMMS in list/directory