Information Technology is popular as a service industry. The support is the most important activity.
Some of important practice on email support.
- Reply promptly. Not 2 days after or ignore it.
- If cannot settle issue immediately, give some estimation when to revert
- Use short and simple words. Can save time and also can avoid grammar mistakes
- Whenever possible, use numbering or bullet to show separation of points
Usually I used to use Google Calendar to set an event and reminder to the event. But there are features that are unnecessary that make things a bit complicated.
I found a simpler reminder application that is much easier to set up and just serve the purpose (to send an email reminder for an event)
Check it out –> remindr.me
In an organization, there are information that are important enough to be documented. As a reference for all the members in the future.
I’ve tried several wiki applications and most of them are not friendly enough. So I decided to move to wordpress as a wiki alternative. To sort content by “category”, to have “page” as static information and “post” for other findings and on-going updates.
With the search function, it is very helpful to find any information within the ‘wiki’.
- create a page and set template for the page follow “Wiki Template”
- then set the page created as “static page” in Appearance > Customize
- manage user access – user access manager
- file upload
- file view (esp attachment like image and pdf)
- disable comment features
- Settings > Discussion > Untick “Allow comments on new articles”
- set permalink
- Settings > Permalinks > Choose “Post Name”