Can run the following scripts in terminal to completely uninstall Atom
rm -rf ~/.atom
rm -rf /usr/local/bin/atom
rm -rf /usr/local/bin/apm
rm -rf /Applications/Atom.app
rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.github.atom.plist
rm -rf ~/"Library/Application Support/com.github.atom.ShipIt"
rm -rf ~/"Library/Application Support/Atom"
rm -rf ~/"Library/Saved Application State/com.github.atom.savedState"
rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.github.atom
rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.github.atom.Shipit
rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/Atom
Atom is a text editor by github.
Some important shortcut to use
- command+P = to open new file in new tab
- Cmd+F = search in active file
- Cmd+Shift+F = search in project
- Cmd+Shift+W = close tab
- Cmd+Shift+W = close window
- Cmd+/ = to comment code line (just place cursor anywhere on the line)
- Cmd+Shift+D = duplicate line
- Cmd+, = open settings
- Cmd+O = open folder as project
- Cmd+R = go to function or symbol in active file
Full shortcut reference
Important things you should know
- Open settings (Cmd+O)
- go to install to install a new package
- go to package – to disable, change settings for installed package
Some of settings for my Atom editor
- use default. seems it is very acceptable now.
- autoclose-html – to automatically add close tag
- project-quick-open – just enter ctrl-atl-P to open folder list in htdocs (must first set path in core settings)
- docblockr (document tools) – easy for commenting (esp for function comment)
- symbols-tree-view – to view functions, variables (or both) in a list. Can sort by alphabetical order
- autocomplete-php – to get suggestions on php functions plus parameters to pass
- goto-definition – able to go to function definition when press cmd+alt+enter
- goto-declaration – to be able to use, need to create ctags by using