Some notes on setting up AWS services.
EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud)
Go to EC2 console and cilck Launch Instance.
There are 7 steps to go
- Choose an image to use – OS and services to use
They call it as AMI – Amazon Machine Image
- Choose instance type – cpu, memory etc
Refer available instance type with explanation
- Configure instance details – more configuration on the instance.
- Add storage
The call it as EBS – Elastic Block Store
- Add tag – not sure what is this for
- Configure security group
- Review before launch
RDS (Relational Database Service)
S3 (Simple Storage Service)
AWS – full service diagram
(cilck to enlarge)
Several providers for disposable or temporary emails. Just in case you wan to test anything and need a valid email for temporary
- https://mailinator.com – can set firstname.lastname@example.org
- yopmail.com – can set email@example.com
- https://mytemp.email – total random, cannot set own name
- https://temp-mail.org/en/ – can set own email. provide multiple @domain
In order for any executable to run anywhere in terminal, we need to set the $PATH to the directory.
You can check which directory can be globally accessed by typing this command
- To add that path to the file, login as root
- Type nano /etc/paths
- Edit the file to add another path
- Save and exit
- You need to restart the terminal in order for change to take effect
Have you heard about 99.99% uptime? How much downtime is considered 99.99% uptime?
Below is the answer
- 99.5% uptime = 216 minutes of downtime in a month
- 99.8% uptime = 86.4 minutes of downtime in a month
- 99.9% uptime = 43.2 minutes of downtime in a month
- 99.99% uptime = 4.32 minutes of downtime in a month
- 99.999% uptime = 0.432 minutes (26 seconds) in a month
SMS gateway services for Malaysians. Mostly with short/long code and API integration.
- sms123.net – with reseller program, as low as 3sen, no detail pricing
- onewaysms.com – credit never expires, can buy minimum 1,000 credit with RM90
Some application also apply for android for bulk sms sending. Good if use with unlimited SMS package by telco.
Use this command in windows “run” – Hit Windows+R
Run (‘rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /p /n “Your printer name”‘)
Normally happen on Windows 8
- disable the SNMP in printer properties > ports > configure port. Untick “SNMP Status Enable”
- install windows 8 hotfix
- editing the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print and adding a new DWORD called SNMPLegacy with the value 1 and restarting