Some notes on Microsoft Azure
3 type of services provided
- App Service – Scalable Web Apps, Mobile Apps, API Apps, and Logic Apps for any device
- Cloud Service – Highly available, scalable n-tier cloud apps with more control of the OS
- Virtual Machines – Customized Windows and Linux VMs with complete control of the OS
Important steps you should know in creating an application
- Create a “resource group”. All your services will be grouped under this resource group
- Create a “app service plan” – package of data center location, cpu and memory size
- Create a “app service” – based on plan and under resource group created in step 1 and 2
More info on services
VM sizing options – compute, memory
Summary of Azure services (click to enlarge)
- Running a High Volume Website on Azure Infrastructure Services
- Azure documentation
- Step by step PHP on azure (starting from create resource, web app, transfer file via git, mysql etc)
In order for any executable to run anywhere in terminal, we need to set the $PATH to the directory.
You can check which directory can be globally accessed by typing this command
- To add that path to the file, login as root
- Type nano /etc/paths
- Edit the file to add another path
- Save and exit
- You need to restart the terminal in order for change to take effect
Showing up the notification icons on android status bar is very helpful for you to manage the pending items. e.g. unread messages etc.
So you don’t have to swipe down everytime to see whether there are any new messages, emails etc.
To set (this settings is based on Android version 6 marshmallow)
- Go to Settings
- Choose “Notifications & status bar”
- Enable “Show notification icons”
Launch “Digital Color Meter”
Point the color to pick, then click ctrl+shift+C to get the text value.
But it only shows value of RGB color. Still looking ways to have it in hex value like CCFF00. The older version than Sierra seems to have that.
To view windows shared folder in Mac OSX:
- Open Finder
- In menu, click Go > Connect to Server..
- Type smb://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (the server ip address)
- Then click on connect