Getting yourself a used car has some advantages. The most severe one is you save thousands of your money. But need to be very careful in order to get a used car with good condition.
If you are looking for a used car, try out the following websites.
- mudah.my – huge list of cars available
- carlist.my – most of the list are more or less the same with mudah. especially from car dealer
- motortrader.com.my – there is a rating from Goo KANTEI for the condition of the car. For some cars. Can find more cars directly from owners
- oto.my – related to paultan.org and carbase.my
the rest not worth to mention here. Don’t have many listings
Some general tips to purchase second hand car
- if possible check why previous owner sell
- before go to see, ask questions over the phone. The most important one whether the car still available
- ask to see the grant
- ask for any other charges on top of car price – insurance, roadtax, change name, puspakom service, loan processing etc.
Some tips on checking the condition of the car
- sign of accident (normally with uneven paint)
- any leaking on engine and absorber etc
- the hose and belts are in acceptable condition
- test drive to check on engine is smooth and no irregular sounds from the car body or engine
- tyre tread still ok, manufactured not more than 3 years
I’ve been using laravel for years already. Now I need to move to Laravel and I need strong reasons why I should.
Here I compiled some
- Laravel is truly OOP
- The ORM (eloquent) in Laravel is really powerful
- Can tune the speed with cache and queue
- Artisan command that really help doing job faster – e.g. creating controllers, models, run migration (database) etc.
- Migration that acts like database version control for the development team
- RESTful resource controllers
- Many available packages developed by other programmers that can be used
- More support, community, references. e.g. laracasts.com, laravel.io
- Powerful routes
- Class autoloading?
And below are the articles you may wan to read that are also my reference to the above points.
- laravel vs CI. A difficult choice
Some useful laravel packages
- Simple API client
- model generator
If you are looking for books, you can go to any of the following online book stores (that cover Malaysia delivery)
- mphonline.com (free delivery if order rm120 and more, rm80 for members)
- bookxcessonline.com (free delivery for order rm200 and more)
- opentrolley.com.my (free delivery for order rm150 and more)
- bookurve.com (free delivery within west malaysia)
- mybookdeals.com (used books sell, exchange etc)
Out of Malaysia (but deliver to Malaysia
- bookdepository.com (free shipping worldwide and the price is good)
Sometimes we construct an array in a loop and end up with an empty element at the end (or beginning) of the array.
It will look something like elem1,elem2,elem3,
To remove empty element from an array, can simply use array_filter function
Be careful, by removing empty it includes false, null, ” etc.
Some notes on setting up AWS services.
EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud)
Go to EC2 console and cilck Launch Instance.
There are 7 steps to go
- Choose an image to use – OS and services to use
They call it as AMI – Amazon Machine Image
- Choose instance type – cpu, memory etc
Refer available instance type with explanation
- Configure instance details – more configuration on the instance.
- Add storage
The call it as EBS – Elastic Block Store
- Add tag – not sure what is this for
- Configure security group
- Review before launch
RDS (Relational Database Service)
S3 (Simple Storage Service)
AWS – full service diagram
(cilck to enlarge)
- AWS 10-minute tutorial on some basic things
- AWS in plain english
Several providers for disposable or temporary emails. Just in case you wan to test anything and need a valid email for temporary
Things to explore, study, learn
- AWS – EC2, RDS, S3 – to set up a complete application platform and see how flexible and easy to manage
- how to sync database updates among programmers just what git does for source codes
- git stashes, submodules and subtrees
- update svn from production server
- push to deploy with git to production server (from gitlab)
In order for any executable to run anywhere in terminal, we need to set the $PATH to the directory.
You can check which directory can be globally accessed by typing this command
- To add that path to the file, login as root
- Type nano /etc/paths
- Edit the file to add another path
- Save and exit
- You need to restart the terminal in order for change to take effect